Tuesday, March 02, 2004

We made the front page of the Wisconsin State Journal!

Well, our names didn't appear in this article , but still...

One of the two microwaves that Jim Scully, gave away is in our house right now. And in the newspaper article, but not online, there is a list of 10 items that people have given away, and five of those items were ones we gave away.
How cool is that!!!!

We're feeling optimistic again, about the house selling. This is one roller coaster ride that I don't want to do again. When we buy a new place, it better be the one we staying in until we die, or get carted off to the lunny bin!!

The wing-back chair, I'm still shaking my head.... I know he picked that just because he thought we wouldn't say no to it. Humans are such strange creatures. I would have had respect for him, if he had just said, "Okay, you called me on it. Let's go back to me taking the safe and you not fixing anything else."

We went to Menard's yesterday to check out water heaters, etc... and I got two 21 drawer organizers ($4.96 each, but $1.98 each after rebate). They will be perfect for holding my stamp/craft supplies. Now I just can't wait to set up a crafting space.

Walgreens was another stop for us. We got a free after rebate item (Addidas body wash), and a few other good sale items. I have enough deodorant now to last me at least a year.

One of my simple pleasures is stocking up on great priced items. But with any good thing, balance is essential. Buying enough to last to the next good sale or when we have some extra money, can be diffcult to do or keep track of. That's where a Price Book comes in handy.
If you keep track, you'll start to see the sale cycles very clearly. That way if you still have a lot of over-stock on an item, but you notice a great sale, you can check to see if you will have enough to last until the next sale.

While getting items we use, for a good price is essential for us with our Simple/Frugal living, we also don't want to clutter our living space. Having just enough (balance) is what we strive for.

Frugal/Simple Thought of the Day: In honor of Thoreau's: Simplify, Simplify... I say: Balance, Balance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home